Saturday 1 October 2011

My Life learning P.H.A.R.M.A.C.Y in DPHMI, INTI =)!





Pharmacy, Pharmacy, Pharmacy....This is a word that has now become the first and foremost one in my dictionary. I can't believe I have come so far....It was just 2 years ago in 2009 when I came for the August intake in INTI and now I am so sad because I have come towards the end of the road :(....I was so nervous before coming to Nilai and then when I thought about my future and my goals  I had said to myself , this is a sacrifice i am going to make to leave my family who I miss and love so much for the sake of knowledge and experiences. It sure is a great experience to study Pharmacy in Malaysia, yet alone in Laureate INTI University!


I remember we took this photo in the last day of class for organic chemistry in the first semester! It was just the beginning of one hell of a ride....~~~~~~~

The first semesters were more like you if understand the concepts you can score however towards the end of Year 1 I feel the subjects became more tough, and not only do you need to understand the concepts, you must be able to apply yourself. What I mean is that revision was and still is a must! waiting for the last minute to study for the tests is just a BIG NO NO NO NO NOOO!! My challenging subject I must say was Human Physiology and Biostatistics Ahhhhh!!  Human Physiology is the subject which is the MOST important for a pharmacist why? Because all the drugs are actually affecting the physiological systems of the human body! If I couldn't grasp the concept of how the body's activities are....How would I have been able to understand how the drugs and medicines actually act? Then when I think about BIOSTATISTICS....hahaha this subject I remember sitting the classroom and zoning out every single thought I had to understand those hypothesis tests, the estimations and all the z-tables and t-tables, It was soo foreign to me but When i practiced and asked my lovely Lecturer Ms. Ng she helped me :)! Then when I got my final result I was so happy....Thank God! 

So many hormones, so many systems so many receptors and the drugsss! It was all so foreign to me but I said to myself....Ruqaiyah be strong and focus....you can do it :)! What I thank God for is that we had some really awesome lecturers that made us understand the things very well! I feel that the basis and foundation of understand starts from the classroom itself and then we can enhance by reading....I feel comfortable for the fact that If i had any doubts I could just ask my lecturers to assist me and really they are so helpful!



The most memorable experience which really enhanced my professional knowledge in the field of pharmacy was INTERNSHIP! It was in semester 5 when we got the news that in semster 6, we are going to go for training. I was so excited because I always heard my seniors talking about their experiences and what they saw and I was patiently waiting for my chance to go! I remember making my own C.V. and applying for a place in the hospital as well as in the retail pharmacy. I was so excited, I remember I felt like I will accomplish something after the training experience and really I will never forget the time I had there!

First my training in the retail pharmacy was short but it sure was sweet :)....I had gone with my classmate and we both learnt many things together, basically whatever we studied in books and writing we applied ourselves in the real working environment! We had a pharmacist who was really an all-rounder....she was competent and professional in the job and it motivated me alot to see that. 


This is on the last day of training with my pharmacist Ms. Koo :)

NCI hospital training had a duration of 2 months and I must say, it was really the best experience anyone can even ask for! I am really honored and lucky that My lecturer Ms. Bama who taught me two subjects Pharmaceutical Technology 2 and Pharmaceutics 1 had accepted me to domy training there. She is so kind and very smart I must say. I had no misunderstandings and the assistants as well as the staff were so welcoming I really cried when I left that place. I still make it a point to keep in touch with them because they have a special place in my heart. I was actually looking forward to go to the hospital everyday. It was completely different from studying because this time I was the one learning about dispensing, preparing medications, reading the leaflets of the medications in the pharmacy, cyctotoxic drug reconstitution etc. I felt confident after my training experience especially the fact that I have gotten the experience to work in a hospital pharmacy in Malaysia. Imagine how I feel when I go back to Dubai and tell my freinds and family that I got the opportunity of being a trainee in one of the recognized cancer institutes in Malaysia ....It feels so good! I thank God for all these events....If it isn't for the prayers I don't think I would have reached so far.....


Me and Mrs. Bama the best pharmacist ever! :)

The knowledge that made me so much more interested in drugs is that which my chemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry lecturer Ms. Grace provided me with!....The subject is not easy I must say especially with reactions and it is a must for every pharmacist to know this basic knowledge and me and my classmates we are so lucky to have a lecturer make it easy for us to understand and also gives us ideas on how to study, how to make tables and how to make flow charts to make the studying process easier. Mainly, what's so cool about pharmaceutical chemistry is the synthesis of these drugs....without that chemistry how can the drugs even be prepared? I also learnt about the purity of drugs, what tests are carried out to determine or identify compounds....this is the stuff I didn't go through in very much detail my high school chemistry, I mean definitely we studied about elements and all the compounds but now the combination of these compounds are what makes D.R.U.G.S

Thanks to my lecturers for making things easy for me and my lovely classmates for always being there by my side during presenatations group assignments etc. ....if it isn't for them I would have struggled alot....so the moral of the story is pharmacy rocks better yet DPHMI INTI Rocks! I am hopeful and have high dreams about my future in this field, with the motivation from my loving family and awesome freinds here in Malaysia and back home I hope I will prosper and one day I will be proud of my success and achievements :) 


I am very sad that I am going to say my final goodbyes to quite a number of freinds and lecturers....:(! Lastly I want to wish the best of luck to all my classmates who I am with in this final semester. We can do it if we believe in ourselves. We have the potential and hopefully all our dreams will come true :)  Good Luck to all my juniors too....God is with you!














9 comments:

  1. a nice blog!! gud luck n all the best to u ruqi! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratx Ruqi for accomplishing your final article!!!!! I really enjoy reading your articles & the way you are writing your articles is like you are talking to the person;)All the best Ruqi!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGREE! PHARMACY ROCKS better than DPHMI INTI ROCKS! hahaha.. drugs's name reali unfamiliar for me! we reali hav to work hard for that! YEAH, believe that we can make through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post ruqi, all of us gained lots of good experience throughout this course... SUre we gona miss each other.. Good luck 4 ur future ruqi...

    ReplyDelete
  5. u had good experience in ur training i guess... DRUGS, this is what pharmacist have to deal with in their entire workin life...hmmm..newayz,all the best for ur future ruqi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good stuff ruqaiya i love all your articles :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. DRUGS!! DRUGS!!DRUGS!!
    headache come aldy....
    haha.... i like ur blog, is nice and intresting....
    good luck 4 ruqi~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your family will be proud and happy after you complete your study here~
    Keep it up! I believe you can do it better in your degree life~
    All the best~

    ReplyDelete