Monday 19 September 2011

Drug that is related to me =)!

I am going to tell you guys about the wonders and benefits of Omega 3 fish oil capsules :)!....It was sometime in 2009 when I had discovered the wonders of Omega 3 and what benefits it has on the body. Omega 3 is basically a fatty acid that is unsaturated and cannot be synthesized by the human body but is vital for normal metabolism.The common sources of these fatty acids include fish oil and some plant oils such as flaxseed oils.

You may be wondering what made me take these omega 3 fish oil capsules. Well the main reason is because I was not eating fish as often as I should have been. It is a known fact that a person should consume at least 3 to 4 servings of fish per week but I remember I would go for weeks without eating any fish. I remember my mother always saying fish is very good for the brain when I was younger and really this is true. Fish oil is a rich source of docosahexanoic acid a fatty acid that is found in high concentration in the gray matter of the brain. DHA is instrumental in the function of brain cell membranes which are important for the transmission of brain signals. 
The picture looks so attractive YEHHH ;)!
So to balance out I take the omega 3 fish oil 2 to 3 times a week since I have been in the university. I don’t really like the way fish is cooked here and it is not the same how it is made back home so to get my benefits of FISH I take these capsules.

The brand is called Appeton fish oil with Omega 3. It is used as a dietary supplement and I prefer to take it with my meals so that I don’t get any stomach ache. 
The active ingredients are as follows:
Fish Oil 500mg
Contains Omega- 3 as 250 mg
Eicosapetaenoic Acid(EPA) 150 mg
Docosahexanoic Acid(DHA)  100 mg



Fish Oil is one of the world's best known sources of Omega- 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, EPA and DHA.

Benefits of Omega 3
  1. Helps in the reduction of triglyceride levels in the body
  2. It is good for lowering the risks of heart attack
  3. It reduces high blood pressure, angina, congestive heart failure and other heart related diseases because of its ability to expand the blood vessels.
  4. Fish oil may be beneficial in the treatment of anxiety and depression
  5. It can decrease pain as well as inflammation, basically it has anti-inflammatory properties
  6. It can prevent stroke possibility
  7. It is good for brain function
  8. It helps to prevent the promotion and progression of certain cancers
  9. It can also help to treat rheumatoid arthritis in some people
  10. Fish oil can slow down or reverse the process of atherosclerotic plaques

<!--[if !supportLists]-->



                                                                         
 



So as you all can see, the benefits are innumerable and I even feel that with more knowledge about supplements such as this for instance, people will be more interested to protect their bodies and enhance their health in every aspect at a younger age than when they will reach in the 40’s or 50’s and by that time unfortunately it might be too late.  I will be honest after researching more and more on the benefits of Omega 3 2 years back, when I read about how it is a constituent of the brain gray matter, I really wish that I could help the patients that are suffering from the unfortunate disease depression because those drugs like anti-depressants actually can cause more harm than do any good and they will be more dependent on them. However, if the fatty acids in the brain that decreased are replenished, the person can be cured however it takes time and patience. He or she won’t have to suffer from the side effects caused by the medicines. So i give a big YES to fish oil capsules .... hope i gave you all some knowledge about the wonders of OMEGA 3 !~ :)

\
SMILE :)!


9 comments:

  1. wow . Then I should get one too.
    Thanks for the useful information :D

    nice post !!
    hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now only i know about the wonders Fish oil can do... It must be very useful especially for all the students... Thanks for sharing Ruqi... and all ur picture looks so attractive... good one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg!!
    fish really good in brain!!?
    i not commonly eat fish...
    look like i should try this~~
    thx ruqi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice and intersting post ruki:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wao~ i am not a fish person too ~ i think i should consider to take this =p thanks a lot Ruqi for those information =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. o now only i noe fish oil hs so much benefits! hope u can get it to the fullest ruqi~ very informative post^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey nice stuff ruqaiya ..really detailed and over the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fish oil is rly good for health.. im taking 7seas cod liver oil capsules.. good and informative post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gud n informative post ruqi...dint know fish oil has this much advantage..but its ok for me coz i eat LOTS of fish.... ;)

    ReplyDelete